Micah Parsons Penn State Scandal A Tweet Against Brittney Griner

Posted by Brenda Moya on Monday, May 6, 2024

On Thursday, Micah Parsons, rookie defensive end of the Dallas Cowboys, raised some eyebrows with a tweet that seemingly dislodged the news of Brittney Griner’s release from a Russian jail. 

The tweet regarded fellow American Paul Whelan’s four-year imprisonment in Russia. This situation is especially surprising given that Parson has presented himself as an upstanding athlete since first joining the Cowboys through the 2021 NFL Draft. 

Fortunately, the incident was dealt with quickly and it is clear that Parsons holds respect for those who have endured similar requests to his own.

The 23-year-old athlete had a very strong rookie season, earning first-team All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors for the first time in his career. He also received the 2021 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year title.

We must not lose sight of the fact that he made news in 2020 for his involvement in a s*xual harassment controversy involving Penn State college football, despite his continued dominance on the football field. 

Despite responding to the accusations and taking responsibility for his errors, Micah remains the subject of heated debate.

Micah Parsons apologized for his Tweets

On Thursday, the family of Paul Whelan issued a statement commending the Biden administration’s decision to accept a prisoner exchange which ultimately led to the release of WNBA star Brittney Griner

They expressed distress that Whelan is still imprisoned in Russia, having been held there since 2018 on charges his family and the U.S. government deem baseless, yet thanked the new administration for taking advantage of a situation they deemed possible rather than waiting fruitlessly for a better resolution.

The Whelans urged further action to secure their son’s release in view of this long-standing injustice.

The hashtags “MAGAParsons” and “PassRushLimbaugh” quickly became popular on the social media messaging app.

Shortly after his first tweet went public, Parsons was heavily criticized on Twitter. Less than an hour later, Micah retracts his remarks and apologizes for his post.

He added, ‘I’m really thrilled Brittney Griner is back home as she should be. My last tweet was no shot at Brittney Griner. I just have family who has served, and it’s crazy to me the President wouldn’t bring him home too. I’m the furthest thing from a Trump supporter, but I’m not a fan of Biden either.’

The NFL athlete apologized for his actions in another Twitter thread, saying that he should have been more informed on the matter and not tweeted out of emotion for his family and others who have served.

‘I pray Mr. Whelan returns home, but I am incredibly glad for Brittney and her family. I am not too proud to confess when I’ve made a mistake.’ 

He added, ‘Also, if what I’m informed about the attempts to bring Ret Marine Paul Whelan home are true, then the best conclusion was reached.’

As was to be expected, some Twitter users started thanking Parsons for doing further research on the subject, while others attacked him for caving.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunC5yJyYoWWglr%2B0u82sZKmdnqN6tMDArZxmq5OWu6Wty2g%3D